Ramadan Kareem! The Holy Month of Ramadan is expected to commence on Saturday 27th May 2017, and **Sunday 28th May will be the first day of school Ramadan hours. **Please note even If Ramadan is not called we will still proceed with Ramadan timings on Sunday regardless, to avoid any confusion.
The school timings during Ramadan 2017 will be 8.15am – 1.45pm, with FS collected at 1:30pm:
- Gates will open at 8:00am, with Primary students lining up in the playground as usual. Secondary students will make their way into school on arrival. Primary students can be collected from the playground at 1.45pm while FS students can be collected from the classroom at 1.30pm. Secondary students will leave classrooms at 1.45pm.
- Buses will leave the school at** 2:00pm. **
- Gate opening times will be 8:00am and 1:45pm.
- Please note there will be no late pickup during this period, so please ensure your child is picked up on time.
All students will continue to attend school during Ramadan with special arrangements put in place to support those who are fasting. Lessons will continue as normal within the shorter day:
- As per Ministry of Education law, breaks will be shortened, and designated classrooms will be assigned for non-fasting students to eat and drink in during break times.
- The canteen will be closed so non-fasting students will need to bring their food to school with them.
- Water will be readily available on the ground floor and in the outside play areas for all younger students, and in several designated areas in the upper primary and secondary part of the school.
As a mark of respect to fasting students and staff please remember there should be no eating or drinking in the public areas of school.
Click here to view more details in our Ramadan Information Booklet.