Our whole school celebration where we recognise the wonderful cultural diversity we have in the school, is just around the corner taking place next week (week beginning 29th January 2017).
We would like to share a reminder of the arrangements for the event taking place in school on Wednesday 1st February:
8am – 12.00pm
- Students in normal classes for international activities.
- Keita will not be serving food from the dining hall, therefore all children will need to bring in a packed lunch.
- Students can come dressed in country costumes or colours of their flag.
11.00am – 11:30am
- FS 1 & 2 students will parade in their costumes on the main field.
- Parents can make their way to the field to watch the FS 1 & 2 parade. You can collect your child from classrooms after 11.45.
12.00 – 1.00pm
- Students from Y1 – 13 will take part in the Parade Of Nations.
- Parents are invited to watch the parade taking place on the field. At the end of the parade at 1.00pm, the children will line up with their class teacher on the field. Following this, parents can collect their children to join in the festival once they have notified the class teacher.
**1.00pm – 2.45pm – **International Food Festival
- There will be a number of stalls organised by the PTA which will serve free samples of food from their country. There will also be an opportunity to purchase ice creams and a selection of food served by Keita. If you are not collecting your child and would like them to buy these items, please put some money in an envelope with the child’s name and class on.
- Students not collected by parents by 1:00pm will visit the stalls of each country with their class teacher.
- Parents who arrive after 1:00pm will need to find and collect their children when they arrive.
- – Buses will leave as normal. Children who are not with their parents will return to their classrooms, where they can be collected at 2.45pm.