We look forward to celebrating our multicultural diversity as a school through our annual International Week commencing 29th January 2017.
**On Wednesday 1st February, the last day of International Week, we will be hosting a Parade Of Nations followed by the PTA International Festival. **
Students are invited to come to school on this day dressed in a National costume or colours of the flag. Parents will also have the opportunity to come to school to view the Parade and visit country stalls with your child. This is a great opportunity to experience the different cultures of many of the countries represented at our school.
Students from FS1 & FS2 will take part in the Parade Of Nations between 11am – 11.30am, and students from Year 1 – Year 13 will participate in the Parade Of Nations between 12 00 noon – 1 00pm. Parents are invited to make their way to the field to watch the Parade at these times. The International Festival, led by the PTA, will then take place between 1pm – 2:45pm and parents are invited to visit the stalls of each country with your child and enjoy their music, games, taste their food and much more.
- Parents can expect to receive a letter and permission slip today with important information regarding the Parade Of Nations and International Festival. Please complete a slip for each of your children and return to school no later than Sunday 22nd January.
- Please note that all students will still need to bring a packed lunch to school on Wednesday 1st February. Lunch timings will be adjusted across the school.
- Buses will leave the school at the normal times on Wednesday 1st February. If your child normally takes the bus home and will be collected on the day, please inform the bus monitor.
Volunteering and Food Donation
If you would like to volunteer to be part of the PTA Food Festival please contact the PTA on firstname.lastname@example.org
The PTA welcomes donations of food to celebrate your country and support the event. If you cannot actually attend the event, you are still welcome to donate food for the students and guests to enjoy! Food donations can be placed on labelled trolleys in the Primary playground on the morning of Wednesday 1st February. Please make sure your donation is clearly labelled with the name of the country along with a list of ingredients.
Some information regarding food:
- No nuts! Do not bring in/accept any food that contains nuts, as we have children with nut allergies!
- No pork products
- Cold, savory food is preferable but all dishes will be gratefully received
- No drinks please
- Please send food in disposable containers or platters. Given the number of donations, we cannot guarantee return of any containers or platter
If you have any enquiries regarding International Week please contact Stephanie on Stephanie.email@example.com